Views help you quickly reach necessary data, without the need to set filters or remove / add columns every time. In this article, you will learn how to create views in Manage employees>Analytics>Results after recent changes.
In this article:
To be able to create views, you need to have access to the Results tab. To have access to the Results tab, you need two from the following object roles:
- Results and applications - edit for users OR Results and applications - view for users
- Results and applications - edit in educational objects OR Results and applications - view in educational objects
- To edit views you are the author of, you need the same permissions as for creating views.
- To edit views that you are not the author of, you need the Administration - portal configuration role as well.
Creating recurring reports
In order to be able to create a recurring report, you need one of the object roles and a system role:
- Object role at the organization level: Users - browsing OR Users - editing.
- System role: Analytics - periodic reports.
Results view configuration
In this section, we will go through the view configuration process, step by step. To start creating a new view, go to Manage employees>Analytics>Results, click on the three dots next to the dropdown list and select New view (Beta) .
1. Select the view type
In this section, select whether you want to create a standard view or a recurring report:
- Standard view - the list of results displayed on the platform.
- Recurring report - an XLSX file with the results sent by e-mail with a selected frequency to a defined group of recipients. If you choose a recurring report, sections where you can configure the delivery will appear at the bottom of the page. When selecting this option, you will also have access to the results list on the platform, just like in the standard view. To learn more about configuring a recurring report, scroll to the end of this article.
2. Select who will have access to the standard view
You can choose one of the three view access settings (access settings cannot be changed for a recurring report):
- Only for me - the view will be displayed only to you.
- For everyone - the view will be displayed to everyone.
- For specific groups - the view will be displayed to selected groups. As the author, the view will also be available to you, even if you are not in any of the selected groups.
As a user, when browsing the views available to you, you will see four categories in the list: views available only to you, to everyone, to the groups you are in, and recurring reports to which you have access.
3. Enter a name and description for the view
We recommend that you enter a short, descriptive name, so that it is easier to find this view in the future. The maximum number of characters for the view name is 255.
We also recommend that you add a description that will explain what the view should be used for and what information can be found in it. If you want the view description to be displayed to other users who have access to this view, check the box next to the option: Display the description above the results.
4. Select fields to display
Here, you select the fields whose values will be displayed in the result list. Remember that all views are analyzed per user, i.e., you select the fields you wish to analyze for a particular user.
To add a field to the view, click on it in the available fields list. To remove them, click on them in the selected fields list. You can also add all or remove all using the buttons (Add all / remove all) from above the lists.
5. Add view filters
Use filters to display only the data that interests you. Filtering is set up by adding conditions that an element must meet to be listed on the list in the view.
For an item to be included in the view, it must meet all the conditions in at least one condition group. Using the boolean logic, conditions in one group are connected by the AND operator, and the condition groups are connected by the OR operator. Take a look at the example below.
To be displayed in the view, the user must meet either the first group of conditions (London, Seller, Employed no earlier than November 16, 1990) or the second (Liverpool, Seller, Employed no earlier than November 16, 1990). Put simply, the user must be either from London or Liverpool, work as a "Seller" and be employed on November 16, 1990 at the earliest.
6. Group fields
You can group the results by one selected field. This will create visually separate sections, and make it easier for you to analyze the results.
7. Configure default sorting
You can also sort the results alphabetically by one selected field.
Creating a main page tile
Learn about how home page tiles work here in the view tiles section.
View accessibility and tile visibility
For a tile to be displayed on the main page, the view must be available to everyone (it will be displayed to all) or selected groups (it will be displayed to selected groups). The tile will not be displayed if the view is only available to you.
- First, turn on the Show on the main page as a tile opinion. You’ll find it in the Additional options section. Then decide whether the tile should be presented on the home page always or only if it contains data.
- Then choose what the tile will look like. Decide what name will be displayed on it and what its background will be. You can also adjust the color of the text or select an icon that can be displayed on it.
- Later, decide in which section on the home page the tile should be displayed. Decide whether it should contain information on how many records the view contains.
The tile added in this way is added to the main page and by clicking on it, you will be taken to the selected view.
Recurring report settings
Recurring reports allow you to schedule a report to be automatically emailed to specific users at regular intervals.
After you have completed the steps in the Results view configuration and selected Recurring report in the view type, you will see recurring report setting at the bottom of the page.
In the Schedule report delivery section, enter the date and time for the first report to be delivered and how often it is to be sent. After sending the report, the date field will be updated according to the selected frequency.
In the Add Recipients section, add groups and / or email addresses of recipients (emails do not need to belong to HCM Deck users).
If you want to check what information will be available in the report before shipment, display the view in Results tab and export it. The recipients of the recurring report will receive the same file.
Recurring reports are sent according to the time zone of the author of the recurring report.